Sunday 19 February 2012

Why I started this blog

A while ago, I had to dismantle the front hub on my bicycle. It's a generator hub, powering the lights on the bike, so there are delicate electrical contacts to take care of. Luckily, some kind person had put a set of photos online, describing exactly how to disassemble (and, more importantly, reassemble) the hub.

It's not such a common hub, and I doubt that more than a dozen or two people would have benefited, but for me it was exactly the information I needed.

Since then, I've had a number of occasions where, after spending hours working out how to solve a particular problem, I thought it would be good if I could just document it somewhere where other people could find it. It doesn't matter if no one actually reads the blog - as long as google indexes it.

The other reason is that I am embarking on a DIY project that I want to document. More about that in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment